Learn the best time to make a sales call to improve your chances of closing a sale.
A lot goes into the perfect sales pitch. From preparations to using the right tone and everything in between, a successful call is the result of numerous individual parts. Though we so often focus on what to say and how to say it, it’s important to remember that timing counts, too. That means you need to consider one last piece of the puzzle: determining the best time to make a sales call.
Your timing could be the difference between a hangup or catching someone at the right time and making a sale. When is that perfect time? That may vary a bit with each audience, but there are some general rules to follow regarding the best time to make a sales call.
Discover the best time to make a sales call so you can find more success in your day
Best days to call
If you’re making insurance sales calls on the weekend, it might be time to rethink that strategy. Of course, maybe that’s when you do the most business. And if that’s the case, don’t ruin a good thing. However, your prospects and you both need downtime. People need to relax and recharge. After all, getting enough rest is essential to avoiding sales burnout.
Use your weekend wisely by spending time with your loved ones, taking a trip, or catching up on your favorite television series. Try gardening, bicycling, or kayaking. Your potential clients are likely doing the same thing and probably aren’t going to feel especially receptive to sales calls. What’s a better time to call?
- Call prospects on Wednesday or Thursday. Midweek is the best time to make a sales call because you give potential clients enough time to consider your offer. During these days, workloads are usually slower, so people are more likely to welcome calls.
- Avoid making sales calls on Monday. This day is typically the busiest day of the week for professionals. They have meetings or emails to catch up with on the first workday of the week and don’t have much time for anything else apart from planning the coming days.
- Don’t call potential clients on Friday. Friday is practically the weekend. By this time, prospects are busy finishing their tasks and preparing for relaxing days ahead.
Best time of the day to call
Early morning sales calls make sense. They let you communicate with prospects before their day becomes too busy. However, when is the ideal time to make a sales call? Below are some pro tips.
- Before the pandemic, making calls between 8:00 AM to 9:00 AM was ideal. Around this time, employees were getting into or walking to their offices. However, the work-from-home setup changed the dynamics of this time. Call too early and you’ll interrupt breakfast or exercise time.
- Call potential clients between 10:00 AM to 12:00 Noon. By this time, people have likely finished a few tasks and are wrapping up their mornings before lunch break. You have the highest likelihood of getting an answer during this period.
- It’s also okay to reach out to prospects between 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM. Potential customers begin winding down during this time like they do in the 10:00 AM to noon time frame. They’re not likely to start new tasks, making answering phone calls convenient.
Best time of the day to respond to an inquiry
If you want to boost your closing percentage, responding to an inquiry within the first hour can do wonders for your numbers. Even if a prospect reaches out before 10:00 AM or after 6:00 PM return their call right away.
Pro Tip: Track your call activity
Once you figure out what works for you, track your call activity to discover improvement opportunities. Review call times, durations, and success rates. It may feel like a redundant task, but such information will help you gain valuable insight on the best time to make a sales call. As soon as you discover the ideal strategy, you can spend fewer hours guessing the best call times and more hours closing deals.
Boost your closing percentage
Knowing the best time to make a sales call can be the game-changer you need. In most cases, it can help a prospect decide whether to give you a chance to explain your offer further or ask you to stop calling altogether.
Looking for the ideal partner to make those call times even better? How about a list of quality prospects?HBW Leads provides organizations with double-verified home and auto insurance leads that can boost your closing percentage drastically. Request a free consultation now to take your business to new heights.